The cost of any given commission will vary based on two main criteria - the subject matter and the medium. In general, the more detailed and/or colorful an image is, the more it will cost. There is no variation in prices between digital and traditional work. For each specific price point, I will attempt to provide a reference image. Please be sure to read this entire post before commissioning work!
2.5" x 3.5" Sketch Card
Flat rate of $4 each. Due to the small size, the detail will be relatively low.
The head-shot is a picture that is primarily of a person's head. Generally the neck and shoulders are present as well.
The "upper body" is from the head to about the waist. It may go up to the lower torso or down to mid-thigh.
A full-body picture is one that has most or all of the body drawn. Maybe the feet or lower shins will be cropped out, but the vast majority is still present.
Fancy Colors - $3 (per each)
"Fancy colors" are when coloring is more complex than just adding flats. There are two main types of this:
- Colored lineart (only available for digital art)
- Shading and/or highlights
After a commission is complete, it can be upgraded to a higher level just by paying the difference.
- Additional characters in the scene cost half (each) of the price of the main character.
- There is no difference in price for poses or accessories at this time, so feel free to make creative requests.
- Basic backgrounds (solid colors, gradients, blurred photos) are free. More complex backgrounds likely will carry a fee, but I'll look at that on a case-by-case basis.
- Prices aren't set in stone - I'm willing to haggle a bit, especially if you're making a large or complex commission.
- Please keep in mind my abilities and artistic tendencies when making a commission (i.e. no lewd requests)
- I have final say on whether or not to accept a commission, but I will work with you to find something we can agree on.
- I accept cash money (through PayPal). I do not accept dA points.
- Payment is due up front. I will provide you, if you desire, a sketch when I am about halfway done to show progress.
- Digital deliveries will be made through the original, full-size file. They will be sent to you privately and/or posted on my deviantART page. Traditional deliveries will be scanned and uploaded, although for a few dollars more I can mail them to you.
Here are two samples of potential commissions and how much they would cost:
The main character here is Ghost Rider, a full-bodied color drawing ($10). Spawn is also full-body, but since he is a secondary character he is half price ($5 + $10 = $15). Hellboy and Etrigan are merely upper body drawings, and are half-price as well ($4 + $4 + $15 = $23). Accessories are free, and the background is just a gradient. Therefore, the final price is $23.